Saturday, March 31, 2018

Currently Reading: Green Eyes


I'm currently reading The Shadow story "Green Eyes."  It was originally published on October 1, 1932 and was the 15th Shadow story.  I'm reading the Pyramid paperback edition.  I'm only a few chapters in and it is awesome!  So far, The Shadow has traveled to San Francisco using the disguise of Henry Arnaud.  He is there to uncover the mystery behind the murder of a man on an East bound train.  

The paperback cover was illustrated by Jim Steranko and it is a beautiful illustration.  I like the paperback cover better than the original pulp magazine cover!  Here are a few pictures of the book.







I have been reading The Shadow stories in the order they were printed and have been taking notes to write about them here on the blog.  But I'm reading Green Eyes for entertainment - just for the thrill of reading a page-turning, action packed adventure of The Shadow.  I know eventually I'll re-read the story and write about it, but for now, I'm just enjoying the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment