Tuesday, August 14, 2018

A Brief Look At The Shadow's Sanctum

I'm a fairly new Shadow fan (having read my first Shadow story last year!) and I'm intrigued by The Shadow's sanctum.  I read the story Gray Fist yesterday and The Shadow's sanctum plays a big role in the story.  But what I really liked was from the first few paragraphs of the second chapter, that's where we are given an awesomely eerie description of The Shadow's sanctum.  Here it is:


The Shadow's sanctum is in a secret location in Manhattan.  As the description above states, it is a veritable vault!  The sanctum is where The Shadow works, communicates with Burbank, and also where he keeps his archives.  As I read more Shadow stories I'll learn more about the sanctum.  


1 comment:

  1. The Sanctum has long been a favorite aspect of the series for me, along with the ring. I liked the version from the movie but it was nothing like the sparse, inky black subterranean hideout that Gibson described.

    ReplyDelete